There are ample resources online, here are some of our favourites:
1. Alberta Economic Dashboard - quick snapshot of current economic state and detailed important indicators for business
2. Alberta Innovation and Advanced Education - aligns economic development activities in the province with post-secondary education, entrepreneurship, industry training, research, and innovation.
3. Business Link - business information and services for new and expanding Alberta businesses.
4. Community Futures Entre-Corp Business Development - is your first stop for all your business start-up needs. Community Futures offer small business counseling, training, and business plan development assistance. In addition, they offer small business loans up to $150,000 to aid in your business start-up.
For those requiring additional assistance, they also offer an 8-week Self-Employment Training Course. For more information on Community Futures Entre-Corp visit http://entre-corp.albertacf.com/ or call 403-528-2824.
For a complete online resource on the specifics of starting a business, consider Government of Canada's Business Start-Up Assistant.
5. Futurpreneur - financing options for young entrepreneurs (18 - 34 years old).
6. GRANTS - funding opportunities that support thriving communities and economic prosperity in Alberta.
7. Brooks & District Chamber of Commerce - provides networking and business development opportunities for the City of Brooks and County of Newell.
8. Invest in Alberta - all you need to know to invest in Alberta
9. Small Business Alberta - Alberta Small Business Resources is a directory of business resources for new and established entrepreneurs.